Thursday 2 October 2008

The movie Eagle Eye provides riveting entertainment

I've just come back from watching the new suspense thriller Eagle Eye, headlined by Shia LaBeouf. I actually hadn't seen him in any movie since I watched him do his thing with Tyrese on Transformers. Actually, I did see him on Disturbia and he was great there as well. It seems he is slowly becoming a blockbuster prince as I believe Eagle Eye will become a favourite for many. It has all the qualities of becoming big smash this summer.

You know I stan for movies with black actors so my drawcard for this one was one of my favourite actors, Anthony Mackie. Since he introduced me to his powerful acting alongside the sexy, beautiful and talented Kerry Washington on Spike Lee's She Hate Me, I've been hooked and have tried to catch as many projects he's been in as possible.

I glanced briefly at the story line before I saw the movie, but I had no idea I was in for such an entertaining experience. The spycraft element of the film was more than interesting. The suspense kept you on the edge of your seat, there was never a dull moment. I believe the director did a sterling job of putting together a cohesive body of work that captures the viewer's attention. But what else can you expect with Steven Spielberg's name attached to the project as the executive producer?

See movie trailer below:


No comments: