Tuesday 2 September 2008

Gospel stars sizzle at Cell C Gospel Festival


Soweto has never been really one of the places I would go to chill at, but things may change after this weekend. I attended the gospel festival at SAFA Stadium on Sunday, where gospel heavyweights like Rebecca Malope, Amadodana ase Wesile, Jabu Hlongwane and more gave their all in their respective performances. I really like Vicky Vilakazi's voice and have been a fan of her work since the days of Joyous Celebration, so I was very disappointed when she was booed off the stage by fans. If she had done songs we know her from, I think it would have turned out differently. It was a nice show though, and you know Rebecca was brilliant as always. Oh, I also got a chance to see Maponya Mall for the first time, I must say I was impressed. It's a good mall, I wouldn't mind going back there again very soon.

No comments: