Wednesday 23 September 2009

Imagine That premiere proves an exciting affair for the kids


This past Saturday United International Pictures and Nickelodeon hosted the premiere of Eddie Murphy's latest movie, Imagine That, to be released countrywide on Friday, 25 September 2009.

UIP
invited me and other people in the industry to enjoy the inspirational story with our families. Although I wished so much that my 10-year-old sister was around, because I know she would have immensely enjoyed it, those with kids in their households turned out in numbers. There were exciting activities for the kids to get involved in, e.g. drawing and painting, story telling by cartoon characters in custume, etc. It was a real fun afternoon.


Not to mention that it wasn't my first time watching the movie, but I still enjoyed it, definitely a title to own on DVD. Some of the reasons for my enjoyment of the movie is the fact that, as part of the story, the mystical world was left to your imagination. The young actress Yara Shahidi was a natural and funnyman Eddie Murphy also toned down his theatrics that we've come to know him for.


Imagine That
opens at cinemas countryiwde just in time for the school holidays, on the 25th of September 2009. My sister is coming to Jozi for a visit , so I'll definitely be watching Imagine That again, with her.

No comments: