Friday 25 September 2009

Renault launches their new Megane and Scenic models






Many of you might remember the huge buzz early this year when Renault launched the very first car, their new Sandero line of cars, completely manufactured right here in Mzansi. The launch event in Newtown was a memorable occassion, with Gang Of Instrumentals who were selected to be the face/spokespeople for Sandero giving us some energetic and creative sketch and hot musical performance, amongst other forms of entertainment. But I digress (clearly I had so much fun).

Now, the car manufacturer has just finalised the new Megane and Scenic in their respective lines and launched both the cars at another awesome event at a plush event Summer Place in Sandton. Although I missed out on the formalities where the 2 beautiful and stylish cars were introduced to the guests because of a prior engaement, I caught the bit of the fun later.

As I arrived at the venue, with light drizzles having started already outside, I received a warm greeting at reception and a Canon representive took a picture to promote their new Canon mobile printer. The music that was pumping on the inside only got me eager and excited to find out what was going on, on the other side of the wall. As I was cruising the venue, I saw some familiar faces who had also come to witness and celebrate what Renault has newly blessed us with, 2 stylish and powerful aditions to the Megane and Scenic sub-families.

With the excitement in the air, I stepped outside the graden area to see where they had displayed the cars. However, I couldn't even get a picture as the drizzles had gotten much stronger. It's a pity that later when the weather had cleared, the cars had also already been cleared. Anyway, from a distant, I could see that the Megane would definitely be a car I wouldn't mind driving at all. The party continued with the DJ churning out hit aftr hit to guests marvel. It was great chatting to people like soul singer Malik, TV personality and business woman Thuli Zuli, super music producer Beatmaker and seeing other personalities like Da Les and Sade Gilberati having so much fun on the dance floor. I was a bit disappointed that there were no live performances, but it was still an enjoyable evening.

The beautiful Farah Fortune from African Star Communications, who put the event together, needs to be applauded for the job well done. Apart from being a great host, she is one of the most professional ladies I've met in the business. The new Megane and Scenic are both available on sale at Renault delaers nationwide. I know for a fact that one of my friends has been eyeing the Megane, and after the launch, it's going to be easier to convince him to gor for it. Perhaps even go for it myself.

No comments: