Monday 3 November 2008

Elizma chosen as Mzansi's favourite on So You Think You Can Dance




The young Capetonian has been crowned So You Think You Can Dance Season 1 dance queen by Mzansi after dancing for her life this past Saturday. The gifted dancer wowed the crowds as well as viewers at home, leading to Mzansi voting her their favourite dancer in the season finale of the reality dance show that delivered on its promise as a showstopper.

Unfortunatley I couldn't go to the show, and even missed the live broadcast, but from what I have heard, it was a smoking hot show, laced with an assortment of entertainment and endless fun.

Beating Thabiso, Ash and Kim, Elizma Wildschutte, also a former dancer for the late Lebo Mathosa, is now the proud winner of the competition, having walked away with the R250 000 prize that includes a funky Cherry QQ car, and R190 000 in cash. The obviously elated Elizma, according to the press release, uttered, "I'm so ecstatic! I'd like to thank South Africa for rooting for me; for voting for me; and for making me the winner tonight."

There we go, in a journey that has seen laughter, tears (both of joy and sadness), shock, intrigue and controversy, Elizma emerged victorious. She deserves every bit of the glory, she's an impeccable and immaculate dancer. She is now set to wow the country and the world, after proving she has what it takes to shine in this profession. It's amazing that our readers were on the money too. If you look at the poll on the right, 75% of the votes predicted Elizma would win, with Thabiso taking the 2nd spot. According to the press release, or if you saw the show on Saturday, you would know that Elizma took the top spot after a dance off with Thabiso. I wish I could have seen the show. I hope SABC1 have a repeat of So You Think You Can Dance Season 1 grand finale some time soon, I'd definitely not miss it this time. Mzansi talent is phenomenal.

All those that watched the show every Saturday and Tuesday since its debut, those that attended the elimination rounds, those that voted throughout the season, your support is greatly appreciated. We are waiting for Season 2 like hungry lions.

No comments: