Wednesday 10 September 2008

Finally, Andre 3000 launches his clothing label






We've been hearing about Andre Benjamin's (a.k.a Andre 3000) clothing label in the works for a while and this couldn't have been a better time to lauch his label called Benjamin Bixty. Fashion Rocks just took place last week, with music and fashion fundis combining for the spectacular event (I would like to hear the experiences from the winners that won the trip to this event at the Frockstar Party that was hosted by Virgin Mobile I attended early this year - check out YEAHBO.DOT.NET for pics I snapped from that event).

There is also a big buzz about the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week taking place in the U.S., from last Friday running through this week. Andre 3000 decided to premiere his Fall 08/Spring 09 collection at the fashion week kick off, and the show was hosted by none other than our very own Charlize Theron. The collection is inspired by 1930’s old college football documentaries. These pieces are really cool, something I would definitely wear.

Although I'm not going to be big on posting non-local news on this blog, I decided to feature Andre because I love his music, his acting and always admired his unique and eccentric style. Moreover, Charlize showed him some love and support too. For more pics, check out one of my favourite blogs CONCRETELOOP.

No comments: